Broadway Hometown Partnership (BHP) solicits applications for a part-time Executive Director to report to and work with the Board of Directors. BHP is committed to making positive changes in the community where we work, play and live. BHP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit association focused on three primary components to create a better community for both residents and businesses: Beautification, Economic Development, and Events. An active volunteer Board provides oversight and assistance to the chosen candidate.
In existence for more than twenty years, past BHP projects include providing a share of the funding for the new “Welcome to Broadway” mural on Main Street near the Town Offices; placing and maintaining the decorative square planter boxes along Main Street; creating and promoting short video spots highlighting Broadway businesses; and hosting various community events including the ongoing annual Red White and Brew Festival and Oktoberfest in Heritage Park.
The executive director works with the board to plan, create, and implement programs and activities to ensure they achieve their respective goals; and plan and prepare board meetings, meeting structure, and meeting agendas in coordination with the board’s chair/executive committee. The successful candidate will be organized, detailed oriented, enthusiastic, a self-starter, and have strengths in social media and coordinating community events. Experience with marketing, specifically digital marketing and event planning for non-profits is desired.
The position is flex-time and should average approximately 5-7 hours/week (more around the time of annual events; less between them). Start date is a soon as a candidate is selected; we hope for a period of overlap with current Admin Coordinator, who is in place through the end of 2023, for onboarding purposes. The selected candidate may work from home and/or will have access to desk space at Broadway Co-working if desired. Expected starting rate is $20 per hour with the opportunity for growth.
Key tasks include:
- Solicit business sponsors to support BHP’s mission and two major annual events (Red White & Brew; Oktoberfest), with the possibility of other events.
- Coordinate and implement the two major annual events, including creating and updating budgets, contracting with bands and food vendors, providing event marketing, and coordinating event volunteers. Event management constitutes a large share of the workload for this position, and a highly detailed summary of event-related tasks is available for your review upon request
- Promote BHP through social media and other avenues
- Oversee and update BHP’s Facebook page, other social media channels, and website
- Serve as the point of contact for event sponsors
- Coordinate all activities related to the development and implementation of events
- Conduct outreach to local business and community members to support BHP’s mission and raise awareness of BHP
- Partner with the committees within BHP to support events, economic development and beautification
- Attend monthly Board meetings which are at 6 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month
- Send annual tax deduction letters to sponsors in coordination with the Treasurer
- Forward invoices to Treasurer for payment and update Treasurer on expenses and income
- Coordinate with Treasurer to verify that annual tax and regulatory filings are timely made
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to BHP search chair Bob Harris at email@example.com
Deadline: open until position is filled.