In this rapidly evolving situation, we encourage you to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based decisions. We will be updating our website to reflect any cancelled or rescheduled events, and urge you to contact any businesses directly ahead of time to be sure they are open for business.
Locally, you have an incredible resource through the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center (SV-SBDC). The SV-SBDC will continue to provide counseling sessions, including phone counseling, which is a great opportunity to receive free, confidential business advice from advisors. Sign-up for a counseling session by clicking here.
Important Announcement from the Town of Broadway:
In an effort to assist our citizens and business owners during these challenging times, the Town Council will be taking the following actions at their April 2nd meeting:
1. Temporarily suspending the meals tax as of April 3, 2020, to encourage citizens to support our local restaurants, as they navigate their way through these times.
2. For the May and July billing, trash fees will be waived.
3. Both of these measures will be effective until July 31, 2020 unless extended by the Town Council.
The Great Broadway Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday, April 4, has been cancelled. No other decisions have been made for future Broadway events at this time.
Local Updates & Resources
- Town of Broadway
- Rockingham County
- Town of Broadway Facebook Page
- Broadway Hometown Partnership Facebook Page
- Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Virginia Career Works – Shenandoah Valley
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Small Business Resilience Grant Program
- COVID Rapid Response Business Support Initiative (Shenandoah Valley businesses – coordinated through the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board)
- The Shenandoah Valley Workforce Board has funding for small business employers eligible to remain open during the COVID-19 emergency. Funding is designed to prevent or minimize the duration of unemployment resulting from COVID-19.
- Information Sheet
Small Business Administration
- Unemployment Insurance – If you are a worker who has been totally/partially separated from your job due to Covid-19, click here to file a claim for unemployment insurance. You can also call 1-866-832-2363 Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- OSHA – Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19|
- Centers for Disease Control
Marketing & Social Media Tips
- Facebook for Business – Tips and resources to help small businesses deal with business interruptions such as the coronavirus pandemic, including a Small Business Grants Program.
- Google’s Help Center – Suggestions for businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic, regarding updates to their business information on Google My Business.
- Google’s Remote Work Hub – Tips about running online meetings, collaborating on documents remotely, and more.
- Content Marketing Institute – Articles and research on content development.
Wondering how you can help or where you can receive help? Broadway Helpers is a volunteer-coordinated Facebook group for Broadway residents who are either in need or able to offer assistance to fellow residents relative to the COVID-19 outbreak. Volunteers offer grocery or prescription pickup and delivery, someone to talk or pray with by phone or text, rides to a medical appointments, etc. This group is not organized by BHP or the Town of Broadway.