In this rapidly evolving situation, we encourage you to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based decisions. We will be updating our website to reflect any cancelled or rescheduled events, and urge you to contact any businesses directly ahead of time to be sure they are open for business.
Locally, you have an incredible resource through the Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center (SV-SBDC). The SV-SBDC will continue to provide counseling sessions, including phone counseling, which is a great opportunity to receive free, confidential business advice from advisors. Sign-up for a counseling session by clicking here.
Important Announcement from the Town of Broadway:
In an effort to assist our citizens and business owners during these challenging times, the Town Council will be taking the following actions at their April 2nd meeting:
- Temporarily suspending the meals tax as of April 3, 2020, to encourage citizens to support our local restaurants, as they navigate their way through these times.
- For the May and July billing, trash fees will be waived.
- Both of these measures will be effective until July 31, 2020 unless extended by the Town Council.
The following community events have been cancelled:
- Great Broadway Easter Egg Hunt (April 4)
- Broadway Community Yard Sale (April 25)
- Gary E. Post Kids Fishing Day (May 2)
- Broadway Community Planting and Clean Up (June 7)
- Red, White and Brew VIII (July 11) POSTPONED
As Virginia transitions safely through the Phases of reopening, we understand that we cannot hold Red, White & Brew as originally scheduled on July 11. In the next few weeks, the Events Committee will look at alternative dates this summer. We’re hopeful we will be able to still provide a fun, safe and family-friendly event at Heritage Park if and when it is safe to do so. We will provide updates as details are confirmed.
Local Resources & Loan Programs
- Town of Broadway
- Rockingham County
- Town of Broadway Facebook Page
- Broadway Hometown Partnership Facebook Page
- Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Shenandoah Valley Guide to Re-opening businesses
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Small Business Resilience Grant Program
- Park View Federal Credit Union SBA PPP Loan
- Historic Sites Emergency Grant
- Funds are provided by the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation to historic sites or organizations who run historic sites (including, but not limited to, museums, historic societies, historic homes, and battlefield groups) in the greater Shenandoah Valley region.
- Staunton Creative Community Fund COVID-19 Relief Fund (Shenandoah Valley businesses)
- COVID-19 HR Community Response Fund Grant Opportunity – Harrisonburg and Rockingham County 501(c)3 nonprofit community-based organizations, with experience and history of providing individuals and families with services and support, are eligible for funding.
- Virginia 30 Day Fund – Virginia businesses eligible for funding:
- Small businesses that employ three to 30 people;
- Based in Virginia and have been operating for at least one year;
- Owned and operated by a Virginia resident.
Small Business Administration
- Shenandoah Valley Region: Work Hard, Work Smart, Work Safe – A guidebook that provides specific measures for business categories to aid in a safe, thoughtful reopening. The specific recommendations in each category support the overall goal of opening businesses in a way that protects employees and customers from exposure to COVID-19 and helps prevent the virus’s spread.
- Virginia Career Works – Shenandoah Valley – Live Chat available from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on their website www.vcwvalley.com. A Workforce Specialist will be available to answer questions for site visitors.
- Unemployment Insurance – If you are a worker who has been totally/partially separated from your job due to Covid-19, click here to file a claim for unemployment insurance. You can also call 1-866-832-2363 Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- OSHA – Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19|
- Centers for Disease Control – Resources on how to protect yourself and employees.
- SHRM – News, updates and tools to safeguard your organization.
- Office of the Governor
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Manufacturers Association
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
Digital & Promotional Resources
- Shop Local Shenandoah Valley – Marketing resource for local Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- #TheValleyStrong – Marketing resource for local Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Video Conference Tips – Watch this quick tutorial provided by SVP investor Appeal Production.
- Facebook for Business – Tips and resources to help small businesses deal with business interruptions such as the coronavirus pandemic, including a Small Business Grants Program.
- Google’s Help Center – Suggestions for businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic, regarding updates to their business information on Google My Business.
- Google’s Remote Work Hub – Tips about running online meetings, collaborating on documents remotely, and more.
- Content Marketing Institute – Articles and research on content development.
- Zoom – Remote App for Meetings
- GoToMeeting – Remote App for Meetings
- Skype – Remote App for Meetings
Wondering how you can help or where you can receive help? Broadway Helpers is a volunteer-coordinated Facebook group for Broadway residents who are either in need or able to offer assistance to fellow residents relative to the COVID-19 outbreak. Volunteers offer grocery or prescription pickup and delivery, someone to talk or pray with by phone or text, rides to a medical appointments, etc. This group is not organized by BHP or the Town of Broadway.