North Fork Family Fitness (or “NF3“ ,as its members fondly call it) has operated under the leadership of owners, Bob and Debbie Bahr, at 103 Hartz Boulevard in Broadway since 2015. The Bahr’s have owned and operated a farm just outside of Timberville since 2004.
Prior to owning NF3, Bob’s previous work had him commuting back and forth to Harrisburg, PA, for many years. As a lifelong fan of fitness, the Bahr’s owned a “Snap Fitness” franchise in Harrisburg, as well.
Debbie had been a member, along with she & Bob’s daughter, of “D&R Fitness” at NF3’s current location prior to their purchase of the facility. When the previous owners decided to focus their time and interests on their other business ventures, the Bahr’s arranged to take over operation of the gym. They sold their franchise gym in PA and merged the assets with the newly acquired D&R Fitness. The name was then changed to North Fork Family Fitness to reflect their new ownership.
Since the Bahr’s have taken over, monthly membership has grown to 200+ members. Additionally, they’ve changed up the décor, added enhanced lighting, upgraded some of the equipment, installed a “Ladies Only” workout area, brought back group classes, and enabled 24/7 access for all members.
NF3 offers its members:
- Cardio Room with Cybex Equipment: Treadmills, Ellipticals, and Spin & Stationary Bikes.
- Full Circuit of Self-Adjustable, Selectorized Strength Machines.
- Ladies Only Workout Area with all of the above + a Yoga Area.
- Main Workout Floor also includes Battle Ropes, Jump Boxes, Kettle Bells, Medicine Balls, and Tractor Tires for Cross-Training.
- Classes in: Zumba, Pound, Turbo Kick, Yoga, Kettle Bell, and GetFit.
- ➢All classes can be modified to suit all fitness levels.
- Ladies Running Group.
- Flat-Screen TVs throughout.
- Small Play Area for Children.
Future plans include adding:
- Two to three new pieces of equipment per year.
- Mirrors to the “Ladies Only” area.
- New flooring.
- A cycling group if there’s enough interest.
Bahr has, himself, been active his entire life and has run marathons, half-marathons, and triathlons; including the Chicago & Disney Marathons and the Marine Corp 10-Miler. He is an avid cyclist and participates in obstacle course races. Bob is passionate about helping members of the Broadway community discover the joys of an active life as well.
North Fork Family Fitness offers the benefit of being a small-town, locally owned business while also carrying with it Bob’s business experience, practices, and approaches gained from having once owned his own franchise gym.
When you call, the person on the other end of the phone will likely be Pam Kennedy. She has been with the gym since well before the Bahr’s owned it. Pam is always happy to give you a tour of the facilities and update you on the latest membership specials. Options always include month-to-month, annual contracts, and pay-in-advance programs. Seasonal specials vary depending on the time of year and rates are always competitive.
NF3 is conveniently located right next to J Frank Hillyard Middle School and strives to offer incredible value and convenience not typically found in a small-market fitness center.
For more information:
- Visit North Fork Family Fitness on Facebook
- Call (540) 896-2075
- Stop by 103 Hartz Boulevard in Broadway between the hours of 3-8pm M-Th, 4-8pm Fri, or 9am-Noon on Saturday.