Broadway Hometown Partnership
A Partnership for Community
The Broadway Hometown Partnership is focused on three primary components for creating a better community for both residents and businesses:
- Physical Beautification of Broadway
- Promotion of Broadway through culture and events
- Economic Revitalization of Broadway
Working with the Town and businesses, we aim to make the town more attractive.
Culture & Events
BHP’s events create positive memories for Broadway’s residents and attract visitors from throughout the region. Along with numerous other community attributes, these events contribute to Broadway’s family-friendly atmosphere.
BHP strives to enhance an environment conducive to economic development through supporting existing businesses and assisting in the recruitment of new commercial enterprises.
Are you passionate about making a difference in a small community? If so, Broadway has the perfect opportunity for you! The Broadway Hometown Partnership is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. This is a paid, part-time position that reports to a 15-member board of directors. Applicants should have experience in, or passion for: economic and community development, marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, and nonprofit administration. The Executive Director must be a self-starter, creative, well organized, capable of functioning effectively in an independent situation, and passionate about making Broadway a better community for both residents and businesses. Please send cover letter and resume to BHPDirector@gmail.com. Position is open until filled.
Do you own a business in Broadway? Join our Facebook group for business owners and be a part of the conversation!
Our Board Members:
- Cari Orebaugh, President, Broadway Resident
- Chad Comer, Vice President, Owner of Blue Ribbon Nursery
- Eddie Long, Treasurer, Broadway Resident
- Peggy Grandle, Secretary, Broadway Resident
- Eugene Bare, Manager of Broadway CoWorking
- Mary Byrd, Owner of Carpet Tech of Virginia
- Cannessa Collins, Broadway Resident
- Bob Harris, Owner of Dr. Bob Harris, DDS
- Terri Hoover, Artistic Director of The Schultz Theatre Off Broadway Players
- D. D. Hulvey-Sellers, Broadway Resident
- Dawn Murray, Owner of The Village Arts Center
- Kyle O’Brien, Town of Broadway Manager
- Lisa Schmidt-Zweigler, Owner of The Cottage on Louisa
CeCe Dodd, BHP Executive Director & Broadway Farmers Market Manager